- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb fillets, boneless shoulder cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (if you prefer) or 3⁄4 cup water (if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3 cups cubed new potatoes
- 2 cups thinly slice carrots
- 2 cups shredded thin cabbage
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat. cook and stir lamb and onion in oil until lamb is brown and onion is soft; stir in beer and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in brown gravy mix and broth; add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until lamb and veggies are fork tender. Stir in the cabbage; cook just until the cabbage turns bright green.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.