1/2 Photos of St. Patricks Day Grasshopper Fudge Cake
Source: Betty Crocker **NOTE - I made this cake and I only ended up using one jar of fudge and it turned out delicious. So use one or two jars depending on your sweetness/chocolate preference**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 egg whites
- 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 (16 ounce) jars hot fudge topping
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- Andes mints candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces
- 1Heat oven to 350F for shiny metal or glass 13x9 pan (or 325F for dark or nonstick 13x9 pan).
- 2Spray bottom only of pan with baking spray with flour.
- 3Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil, 1 1/2 tsp mint extract and the egg whites.
- 4Reserve 1 cup batter; stir 3 drops of the green food coloring into the reserved batter and set aside.
- 5Pour remaining batter into pan.
- 6Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12-14 mounds onto the batter in pan.
- 7Cut through batters with a metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion.
- 8Turn pan 1/4 turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
- 9Bake 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- 11Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 12Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over the cake.
- 13In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 tsp extract, remaining 9 drops of green food coloring and the yellow food coloring until blended.
- 14Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge.
- 15Garnish with candy pieces.
- 16Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Patricks Day Grasshopper Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 456.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g