Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for a way to use up some ricotta cheese, pecans and chocolate and these cupcakes used them all plus they are delicious and perfect St. Patrick's Day. Adapted from Bon Appetit (February, 2004)
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken in pieces
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 -3 drop green food coloring (depending on how green you want your frosting)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Using a food processor, process first four ingredients (pecans- honey) using on/off turns until pecans are finely chopped.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in separate bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate and butter in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla together for four minutes or until thick.
- Beat in chocolate and flour.
- Stir in ricotta cheese mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Let cool while making frosting.
- To make frosting: In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream and butter, until butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Add mint extract and food coloring.
- Let cool and whip until thick enough to spread on cupcakes.
Nice recipe here.. First time I used ricotta cheese in cupcakes, and was pleasantly surprised. Ending result ended up in nice fluffy, moist cupcakes. Great tasting cupcakes. Made for PRMR tag.
Made these for my other half to take to a group he attends regularly, & 18 were sent along, leaving a nice handful just for eating here at home! Was briefly tempted to cut back on the amount of mint I used, but didn't, & was surprised at how well the flavors melded together! Very, very nice, & a keeper of a recipe, to boot! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Very good cupcakes that came out very moist and rise nicely. I didn't make the frosting for them because I'm a chicken when it comes to melting white chocolate, so I made Kit's Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing. I really liked the delicate flavor of these and they were a huge hit with the family. Made and Reviewed for PRMR - Thanks! :)