I was looking for a way to use up some ricotta cheese, pecans and chocolate and these cupcakes used them all plus they are delicious and perfect St. Patrick's Day. Adapted from Bon Appetit (February, 2004)
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken in pieces
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 -3 drop green food coloring (depending on how green you want your frosting)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Spray 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray or grease pan.
- 3Using a food processor, process first four ingredients (pecans- honey) using on/off turns until pecans are finely chopped.
- 4Sift flour and baking powder together in separate bowl; set aside.
- 5In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate and butter in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- 6In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla together for four minutes or until thick.
- 7Beat in chocolate and flour.
- 8Stir in ricotta cheese mixture.
- 9Spoon into muffin tins.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- 11Let cool while making frosting.
- 12To make frosting: In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream and butter, until butter melts.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Add white chocolate, stirring until melted.
- 15Add mint extract and food coloring.
- 16Let cool and whip until thick enough to spread on cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 92.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g