Recipe by Marsha D.
A favorite treat for most everyone, kicked up to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day!
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
What an easy recipe that can be altered for just about EVERY holiday! It's been so long since I've whipped up rice krispy treats, they are SO good! Just think: pink/red for v-day, yellow/purple for mardi gras and so forth, so forth! Thanks for posting this quick, easy, tasty treat recipe!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- gold chocolate coins (wrapped in gold)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil, lighty spray with Pam cooking spray or butter.
- Melt margarine in a large pot on low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and food coloring stir until smooth.
- Add cereal quickly to the melted marshmallow mixture, stir until well coated.
- Press into the ready greased baking pan with a buttered spatula. Set aside and cool.
- Cut into bars or you can use a shamrock cookie cutter.
- Garnish top with gold wrapped candy coins.