Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite treat for most everyone, kicked up to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day!
Make and share this St. Patrick's Day Crispy Treats recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil, lighty spray with Pam cooking spray or butter.
- Melt margarine in a large pot on low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and food coloring stir until smooth.
- Add cereal quickly to the melted marshmallow mixture, stir until well coated.
- Press into the ready greased baking pan with a buttered spatula. Set aside and cool.
- Cut into bars or you can use a shamrock cookie cutter.
- Garnish top with gold wrapped candy coins.
What an easy recipe that can be altered for just about EVERY holiday! It's been so long since I've whipped up rice krispy treats, they are SO good! Just think: pink/red for v-day, yellow/purple for mardi gras and so forth, so forth! Thanks for posting this quick, easy, tasty treat recipe!
Easy, fun and yummy! I picked this recipe above the others as it used vanilla (something I don't normally make krispie treats with) and because of the food coloring and not sugar or other green add in as that is what I had on hand. They were great. A little over the 1/2 tsp of green made them plenty green. The vanilla added just a perfect smoothness. Used a cookie cutter in the shape of a shamrock that I had smoothed butter over to be non stick. Perfection for the St. Patrick's Day dessert. Thanks for posting Marsh D. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Perfect St. Paddy's Day treats for the kids. The green is genius and these were ready in 5 minutes (we dipped in before they were cool) Made for a festive St. Pat's weekend. Thanks for the great idea!