Although this cake can be made all year round, it looks great on the table on St. Patrick's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- 2Cool for 1 hour.
- 3In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- 4With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 inches apart into cooled cake.
- 5Slowly pour gelatin over cake; refrigerate until cake is completely cool and gelatin is set.
- 6In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 7Fold in whipped topping.
- 8Spread over cake.
- 9Decorate with sprinkles.
- 10Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Patrick's Day Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g