St. Patrick's Day Brownies
- brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) bagmint-flavored chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, if desired
Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- reserved mint-flavored chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 -3 teaspoon hot water
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs using spoon, about 50 strokes or until well blended. Stir in pecans and 1 cup of the chocolate chips (reserve remaining chocolate chips for glaze). Spread batter in pan.
- 2. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3. In medium bowl, stir all frosting ingredients using spoon until well blended. Spread frosting over brownies.
- 4. In 1-quart saucepan, heat reserved chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter and the corn syrup over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in hot water, a few drops at a time, until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over frosted brownies. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until glaze is firm. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- *don't like mint? try using raspberry-flavored chocolate chips for the mint ones and tint the mint frosting pink.