Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very delicious mix of mint and chocolate. simple to make, fun for the kids to help and sooooo good, not to mention they look like a work of art! Enjoy.
- brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) bagmint-flavored chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, if desired
Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- reserved mint-flavored chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 -3 teaspoon hot water
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs using spoon, about 50 strokes or until well blended. Stir in pecans and 1 cup of the chocolate chips (reserve remaining chocolate chips for glaze). Spread batter in pan.
- 2. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3. In medium bowl, stir all frosting ingredients using spoon until well blended. Spread frosting over brownies.
- 4. In 1-quart saucepan, heat reserved chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter and the corn syrup over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in hot water, a few drops at a time, until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over frosted brownies. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until glaze is firm. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- *don't like mint? try using raspberry-flavored chocolate chips for the mint ones and tint the mint frosting pink.