Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Cookbook compiled by The Nursing Service Dept. of West Nebraska General Hospital, 1977. This recipe belongs to Elnora Lowry. Cooking time includes setting time for the Jell-o.
- 18 large marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) pck lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup large curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Dissolve marshmallows in boiling water; be sure all are dissolved. Add Jello. Let cool until partially set. Add cottage cheese, pineapple, walnuts and whipped cream.
- Chill a few hours. Serve.