Recipe by Big D Texas
St. Martin's is my favorite, quiet, romantic, restaurant in Dallas. The Champagne Brie Soup is one of their signature items. It is like velvet. St. Martin's is also nice enough to post the recipe on their web site. I wanted to be sure that I posted it and "advertised" it here too, so that even folks who do not live in Dallas can enjoy it!
Top Review by Shirley F.
Soup is my favorite food type. St. martin's champagne brie soup is my favorite soup. I probably won't be able to re-create it as perfectly as St. Martins - so I'm just going to go there instead!
- 2 cups dry champagne
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces brie cheese, with rind left on
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Sauté shallots and bouillon in wine.
- 2. Add remaining wine and champagne and then add brie and heavy cream.
- 3. Bring to a boil for an instant just until head forms then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Strain.
- 5. Taste for adding salt if you want.