Recipe by threeovens
These are little fried flat breads. The dough is similar to a biscuit, but they are pan-fried.
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and salt.
- Stir in milk and enough water to make a soft dough that is almost sticky to the touch; if it does become to sticky, you can knead it with a little flour to make it easier to handle.
- Once the dough is mixed, cover it and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat; add oil and heat that.
- Divide the dough into small balls, then flatten them to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place dough in hot oil and cook until golden brown; turn over and cook the other side until medium brown.
- Repeat with remaining dough.