Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Recipe St Lucie Cook book. From scratch cheese sauce would probably be preferable.
Make and share this St. Lucia Breadfruit Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 breadfruit
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- Cut breadfruit in sections and boil in salted water until nearly tender but not mushy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine Cheddar Cheese soup and milk. Grease baking dish.
- Slice breadfruit and onion thinly.
- Put layers of breadfruit and onion alternately in greased baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over breadfruit and onion.
- Dot with butter.
- Mix breadcrumbs and grated
- cheese together and sprinkle over the top. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.