Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Recipe St Lucie Cook book. From scratch cheese sauce would probably be preferable.
- 1 breadfruit
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- Cut breadfruit in sections and boil in salted water until nearly tender but not mushy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine Cheddar Cheese soup and milk. Grease baking dish.
- Slice breadfruit and onion thinly.
- Put layers of breadfruit and onion alternately in greased baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over breadfruit and onion.
- Dot with butter.
- Mix breadcrumbs and grated
- cheese together and sprinkle over the top. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.