Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Got this recipe from a St. Louis Bar and Grill. My DH and his friends love it. I usually have to double the recipe.
Top Review by Laylagirl
OMG!! My family and I made ourselves sick from eating too many of these. They tasted soooo good. I quadrupled the recipe because I have some big eaters in my family. I think my son-in-law had a single recipe all to himself. They are as described by other reviewers, crisp on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside. We dipped in store-bought marinara sauce. Thanks Nurse Di for a great tasting and family-pleasing recipe.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 13 3⁄4 ounces frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- vegetable oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately with warm spaghetti or pizza sauce.