Recipe by its.gina
I'm not sure where this recipe originated from as its been passed down. In fact, I've never even heard what its really called. I named it STL Spicy Pasta because the meat used is pork steak (pork butt sliced into steaks, which is a St. Louis thing) and its spicy, so there ya go!
- 2 lbs pork steaks (aprox 3 large porksteaks)
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (dice)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (1 lb) box spaghetti noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork steaks with garlic salt and pepper and brown in skillet with a bit of oil.
- Remove from pan when brown and scrape out pan.
- Saute tomato paste in oil & stir until paste absorbs oil.
- Add tomato puree, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, & water.
- Stir until blended, turn up heat & bring to boil.
- Add 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, and salt to taste.
- Re-add meat (which should be removed from bone and cut into bite sized pieces).
- Simmer for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Add a salad and Garlic Texas Toast for a complete meal!