Recipe by Pam-I-Am
Amighetti's is a well known Italian restaurant in St. Louis, where I grew up. They have a great deli sandwich that I still crave to this day (even out here in CA). It has a really delicious spread that makes it different from other sandwiches. The true key is their famous bread, but in a pinch, you can make this sandwich at home with your own bread.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf panini bread
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices roast beef
- 6 slices genoa salami
- 6 dill pickle slices
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 3 pickled peppers (Pepperoncini)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, green onion, horseradish and dill. Slice baquette in half horizontally. Spread the cut surfaces with mixture.
- On bottom half of baguette, arrange in order: ham, roast beef, salami, dill pickle slices, tomato slices, Swiss cheese and pepperoncini.
- Place top half of baguette on filling. Cut sandwiches into pieces.