Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net-no name attached.
- 2 (3 5/8 ounce) cans sardines, drained-reserve oil
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 lb perciatelli
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted Italian breadcrumbs
- bite sized broccoli floret, with the onions (optional)
- In a large fry pan over medium heat add half the sardine oil.
- Chop the sardines in large pieces.
- Add the sardines, celery, onions and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with juice and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Add the olives.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the Perciatelli.
- Boil to Al dente-about 8 minutes.
- Drain and add to the sauce.
- Stir to coat.
- Pour into a serving platter, top with toasted bread crumbs and serve.