Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe is coming from another one of my cookbook finds. It is the Jesse James Cookbook from 1975. This is a yummy dessert and super simple. I think that the jello gives it a very nice consistency.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, Slightly Mashed And Sweetened
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 baked pie shell
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, Softened To Spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 cup strawberries to just boiling; stir into jello and add rest of berries.
- Cool and pour into pie shell.
- Chill until set.
- Spread softened ice cream over top; freeze until 15 minutes before serving; transfer to refrigerator to soften for cutting.