Recipe by Normaone
This is a recipe that was published in our local paper in the "Dear Abby" Column and is one of her recipes. It sounds like a nice addition to a summer BBQ.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole. In a small skillet, saute the bacon and onions until the bacon is crisp and onions are lightly browned; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add bacon-onion mixture and mix well. Pour bean mixture into prepared casserole. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!