Chef #433084's Note:
soaked cake, so moist & tangy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180oC/fan 160oC/gas 4.
- 2Grease and line the bottom of 1 large loaf pans or 2 small loaf pans.
- 3Place the superfine sugar, butter and zest of the lemon and orange in a bowl and beat together until pale and creamy.
- 4Add the milk, and then beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a spoon of flour to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- 5Mix in the remaining flour.
- 6Spoon into the prepared tin/tins and level the surface flat.
- 7Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes for a large loaf or 30 minutes for the smaller loaves until they are golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- 8While the cake is cooking, place the lemon and orange juice in a saucepan, bring to the boil and allow to reduce in quantity to about 3 tablespoons. Leave to cool, and then stir in the granulated sugar so it just starts to dissolve.
- 9As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick several times with a skewer, then slowly pour the lemon and orange sugar all over the top, letting it soak into the cake. Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Clement's Drizzle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: