Prep 15 mins
Cook 60 hrs
I found this in a hospital cookbook. Very easy and impressive when served. Good too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cutlets
- 4 slices ham (baked)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Layer in baking dish: chicken, then ham.
- then cheese.
- Pour soup, diluted with wine, over all.
- Top with stuffing mix and drizzle with melted butter.
This was certainly easy enough, but some directions on cooking time would have helped immensely. I used 3 breasts, and started in a small glass baking dish; after starting to add the stuffing, I realized it would need to be in a bigger dish, so I used a 2 qt. oblong (12 X 8.5 inch) dish. I followed layering directions, and poured butter over stuffing. I baked @ 400 degrees for approx. 45 minutes. That temperature may have been too high, as my stuffing was dark. The taste was just OK, for me.