Recipe by clownman70360
the next roasted chicken recipe,i used sriracha for marinade.Caution...this roasted chicken is very hot,you need a large glass of ice water for that?
Top Review by rpgaymer
I love sriracha sauce, so I was excited to try this recipe. This makes a very good roast chicken, but I could not taste the sriracha sauce much at all. I tasted Dijon mustard more than anything. Still, this is a perfectly fine roast chicken that was juicy and flavorful... I just wish the smokey spiciness of the sriracha flavor came through more.
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dijon mustard,teriyaki sauce,red pepper flakes,onion powder,brown sugar and sriracha sauce in a medium bowl;whisk well.
- Rinse the chicken throughly,and remove the giblets.Sprinkle with 2 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture inside the chicken,rub the remaining mixture outside the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag,pour the sauce onto the chicken,place it on a shallow dish and marinade for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place it in a 9x13 inch roasting pan,discarding marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours,basting several times with remaining sauce.