Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Perfect Pantry. One and one-half cups store-bought cole slaw mix may be substituted for the cabbage and carrot.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, sliced in half length-wise (21-25 size)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded (or chopped)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups long grain or 3 cups basmati rice, cooked and cold
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis (indonesion sweet soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- In a wok, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and cole slaw mix; stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and curled. Push the mixture to one side and pour in the beaten egg. (Note: Searing the shrimp should keep in the juices, but if there is liquid at the bottom of the wok, pour out and add a little more oil and continue with the beaten egg.) Let cook 1 minute or until just set.
- Add the rice and stir all together, chopping up the rice clumps and the egg with a wooden spoon. Stir in the ketjap, sesame oil and Sriracha. Stir to combine all ingredients. Serve hot.