Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Found on facebook; posted by Barefeet In The Kitchen -- modified from http://barefeetinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/01/sriracha-honey-roasted-broccoli.html. Original recipe by Rosemarried.com.
Top Review by momaphet
Excellent broccoli! The combination of sweet, salty, and spicy really made this a veggie treat. I've been in a vegetable rut and this dish helped to shake things up, and it was quick and easy to put it together which was an added bonus. My only changes were reducing the amount I made and subbing toasted pecans for the almonds because I had some on hand. I used the smaller amount of Sriracha which was plenty spicy for us. Made for Best of 2013 Tag, this is already headed for the Best of 2014!
- 1 large head of broccoli (cut into pieces, about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (adjust to your heat preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (TOASTED)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced, about 2 tablespoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a slipat mat, foil, or parchment paper.
- Place broccoli pieces into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, or measuring cup, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, sriracha and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the broccoli and toss well to coat.
- Spread the broccoli across the lined baking sheet. Place on the middle oven rack and roast for 8-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and the edges are turning brown.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl, or tray. Toss with the green onions and toasted almonds.
- Serve hot!
- Makes 2-4 servings.