1/4 Photos of Sriracha Garlic Wings
4 hrs 40 mins
Layers of flavors...sweet on front end then comes the kick in the rear. Good with saffron rice. (Golden Syrup is a South African cane syrup. Try Delta or Lyle's brand.) My husband loves these. See below grill method. Don't forget the blue cheese dressing and a beer. I don't like beer..DH said to say that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken, wing (sections)
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon orange juice
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1Wash wings and using kitchen shears, trim fatty wing 'flaps'; discard sheared fat . Place wings in a zip lock bag; set aside.
- 2Together mix ground coriander, Kosher salt, olive oil, minced garlic and lemon or orange juice. Place marinade mixture together with prepared wings in plastic bag. Seal, squeeze out air then squish around to disperse marinade. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 3Preheat oven 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and grease with oil. Remove wings from marinade and dry with paper toweling. It's important to have them as dry as possible. Place on prepared baking sheet then sprinkle with salt to taste. Place in oven and bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- 4In the meantime, mix together the sriracha sauce ingredients: melted butter, sriracha, golden syrup, zest, and cilantro; set aside.
- 5When wings are ready, remove baking sheet from oven and brush over each wing generously with the sriracha sauce. Once finished brush once again. Return pan to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes to set the glaze. Reserve remaining sauce.
- 6Serve with remaining sauce for dipping, blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- 7For Grilling:.
- 8Use a 30-20-10 method. On indirect heat cook 30 minutes, flip the chicken. Cook an additional 20 minutes more. Remove the wings from the grill and toss into sauce. Return back to the grill and cook 10 more minutes until crisp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sriracha Garlic Wings
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1411.4
- Calories from Fat 871
- Total Fat 96.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 378.3 mg
- Sodium 3733.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 88.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: