Layers of flavors...sweet on front end then comes the kick in the rear. Good with saffron rice. (Golden Syrup is a South African cane syrup. Try Delta or Lyle's brand.) My husband loves these. See below grill method. Don't forget the blue cheese dressing and a beer. I don't like beer..DH said to say that.
- 2 lbs chicken, wing (sections)
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon orange juice
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (like Delta or Lyle's) or 3 tablespoons honey
- lemons (zest of 1) or orange (zest of 1)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- blue cheese dressing
- celery stick
- Wash wings and using kitchen shears, trim fatty wing 'flaps'; discard sheared fat . Place wings in a zip lock bag; set aside.
- Together mix ground coriander, Kosher salt, olive oil, minced garlic and lemon or orange juice. Place marinade mixture together with prepared wings in plastic bag. Seal, squeeze out air then squish around to disperse marinade. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and grease with oil. Remove wings from marinade and dry with paper toweling. It's important to have them as dry as possible. Place on prepared baking sheet then sprinkle with salt to taste. Place in oven and bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime, mix together the sriracha sauce ingredients: melted butter, sriracha, golden syrup, zest, and cilantro; set aside.
- When wings are ready, remove baking sheet from oven and brush over each wing generously with the sriracha sauce. Once finished brush once again. Return pan to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes to set the glaze. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Serve with remaining sauce for dipping, blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- For Grilling:.
- Use a 30-20-10 method. On indirect heat cook 30 minutes, flip the chicken. Cook an additional 20 minutes more. Remove the wings from the grill and toss into sauce. Return back to the grill and cook 10 more minutes until crisp.