Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Adapted from a recipe on Bon Appetit, that basically said just add Sriracha sauce to butter and slather on bread. I've put in some measurements. Add or subtract to taste. I posted ingredients for about 6 slices of bread.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (I use Smart Balance margarine)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (or five to six small cloves)
- 2 -3 teaspoons sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
- 6 thick slices French bread
- parmesan cheese, grated (or shaved)
- Mix butter, minced garlic and Sriracha sauce together in a small bowl.
- Spread over slices of French bread on both sides.
- Place bread on foil lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle over 2 tbls. of the Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3 minutes on low. Turn slices over and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and broil for another three minutes or so, until the cheese melts and the bread is golden brown around the edges. Keep an eye on them, they can go from golden brown to burnt quickly.
This is wonderful!! The ingredients come together perfectly. I didn't butter both sides, just one and broiled for a few minutes. I started only making 8 pieces and before I knew it my whole loaf was gone!
I'm a big fan of sriracha so when I saw this featured in Pick a chef 2013 I had to try it. I wasn't disappointed. It was garlicky, spicy, cheesy good! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This bread is delicious! I used shaved parm, and once I flipped the bread the cheese stuck to the foil. Didn't effect the taste at all. This is so delicious that I'd say you need to make more than you think you will eat. I cut the recipe down by 1/3 and used 1 tsp sriracha sauce. So mine was delectably spicy! Thanks for sharing....made for PRMR tag.