Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sriracha is spicy with a touch of sweetness making it irresistible to those who try it and this cashew cream sauce is another way for us sriracha fans to get our fix. This recipe is so simple, versatile and can be used in many different ways. Use it as a pasta cream sauce or as a sauce to drizzle on roasted vegetables and baked sweet potatoes. You can use it as a dip or as a salad dressing. This is also fantastic as a spread on burgers, sandwiches or any place you may use mayo type products. Even tacos, burritos and quesadillas would benefit from a drizzle of this sriracha cashew cream sauce. And don't forget to add it to vegan sushi rolls, this makes for a great dragon sauce. Make it as spicy as you like! From The Simple Veganista.
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1⁄4 cup water (plus 1-2 tablespoons as needed for thinning)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce (plus more to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a small blender. Blend until creamy, taste for flavor adding extra chili sauce if needed.
- Thin with water to desired consistency using one tablespoon at a time. If you find it's too watery add a few cashews and blend again until smooth.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to six days.
- Notes: Add as much sriracha as you like to suit your taste. The one tsp listed here is a good starting point for a mellow flavor. Feel free to add salt to taste. Lastly, you can use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in cashew cream, but didn't add any in this recipe. You may try adding 1 tablespoon if you have it on hand for another layer of flavor.