Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This can also be made with beef.
- 453.59 g lamb, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled cut into large chunks
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 158.51 ml water
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- In a blender or food processor, place onion and lemongrass then add the rest of the curry spices. Pulse several times to mix the spices into a paste. Scrape paste into a large bowl and add the lamb and potatoes. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or casserole and add the meat and potatoes. Using a wooden spoon, stir-fry the meat and potatoes for 6-8 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes along with liquid, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and the lamb is tender.