Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am a Sri Lankan and I love cooking. This is my curry powder recipe that I got from my mother. I use this for all the curries. Use less for vegetables.
- 236.59 ml coriander seed
- 118.29 ml cumin seed
- 14.79 ml anise seed
- 3 inch cinnamon sticks
- 9.85 ml whole cloves
- 14.78 ml cardamom seeds
- 15 curry leaves (optional)
- 3 inch ramps (optional)
- 14.79 ml black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds (whole mustard)
- 4.92 ml fenugreek seeds
- 29.58 ml raw rice (can use Basmathi Rice)
- In a dry frying pan, over low heat, roast each ingredient separately till light-medium brown.
- Stir constantly[coriander, cumin, ani seeds, rice must be fairly brown, but do not let them burn].
- Mix all the roasted ingredients, put into a grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- Store in an air tight jar.
- I use this curry powder for fish curry, meat curry.
- [1Tbsp for 1 lb of meat or fish] For vegitable curry, use only about 1/2 Tsp of curry powder.