1/1 Photo of Sri Lankan Ala Badun ( Potatoes and Onions)
Brian Holley's Note:
This is a simple and straightforward recipe. It is non the less authentic. Serve with curried meat and boiled rice. For a real taste of Ceylon put some chutney and poppads on the table also some sliced bananas in lime juice. Wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- 2In a bowl mix the potato with the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, and the paprika powder.
- 3Heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the curry leaves for a few seconds, now add the onions, ground mustard seeds and the cinnamon, fry till the onions are golden.
- 4Add the potato, and keep stirring till the onions are also golden and heated through.
- 5Discard the cinnmon stick and sprinkle the curry with the lime juice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sri Lankan Ala Badun ( Potatoes and Onions)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: