Recipe by Tipsy Tart
My mom used to make this for my brother and I and we used to call it the living swamp. I just found my mom's recipe for it and this name is just as good. It's hot, gooey and chocolatey!
Top Review by froglet
mmmm, yummy and gooey, although it really does look swampy! We pushed in some marshmallows too, along with the chocolate pieces. (the white bits in the photo). Tastes like a slightly underdone chocolate cake. PS, I find it easier to measure out dry ingredients in mg or cups, rather than ml..... LOVED IT!!!
- 250 ml self-raising flour
- 325 ml brown sugar
- 75 ml cocoa powder
- 1 ml salt
- 30 ml melted butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 125 ml milk
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 pinch ground cloves (I used cinnamon and chilli powder instead)
- dark chocolate, piece (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour with 200mls of the sugar, 25mls of the cocoa, salt and spices.
- Add melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Pour into 25cmx15cmx5cm dish.
- Sprinkle over remaining sugar and cocoa. Pour on boiling water.
- Put dish in pan filled with boiling water and bake at 180 for 30-40 minutes.
- I used a bit less cocoa in the mix and while it was cooking, pushed some dark chocolate pieces into the pud -- oh man!