Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy cookies, made immensely creamy through the addition of custard powder. They also come out of the oven like cookies should ... Squishy!
- 200 g butter
- 200 g flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 g custard powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 150 g chocolate, chopped into small chunks (I like to use 'co-op milk chocolate' or Galaxy)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour sugar and custard powder into a mixing bowl, you can also add copious amounts of Cinnamon at this point if you so choose.
- Roll in the butter with clean hands, until you have a firm dough.
- Make a trough in the middle of the dough, add a little of the vanilla essence, then mix in and repeat as required.
- Grease the baking sheet with butter.
- Chop the chocolate coarsely into about 0.
- 5cm squared pieces.
- Add the chocolate and mix well with a spoon so as not to melt the chocolate too much.
- Make into about 18 small balls, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Put in the oven at 190*C for between 20 and 25 minutes (until golden on the top and squishy in the middle).
- Take out and put on cooling rack, when they are cool enough to eat, enjoy.
Oh wow these are good. I love the chocolate in it.