1/1 Photo of Squish's Squash -Buttery Yellow Squash With Cumin
Chef #928625's Note:
This is my favorite way to cook yellow squash.I think the cumin and butter really play up the fresh ,subtly sweet flavor.It really doesn't get easier than this.Serve with a Mexican /Southwest meal.You could play around with this and even make it Indian style to go with a curry.Yield is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the squash,about 1/4 inch thick,cutting the larger rounds in half.dice onions.
- 2Heat a medium skillet on medium -high,add cumin seeds and stir constantly until they start to brown a bit ,and maybe 'pop'.this takes less than a minute -don't walk away!
- 3Immediately add butter and onions,turn down heat to medium,,and let onions brown a bit just for a minute or two.
- 4Add squash,salt and pepper.cover and cook,stirring when necessary,until done to taste.I cook mine for about 6 minutes,but you may want to cook them for about 10 minutes if you like very soft squash.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squish's Squash -Buttery Yellow Squash With Cumin
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 128.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g