Recipe by tinajoebob
Surprisingly tasty for how fast and easy this is, a great recipe for a last minute "bring a dessert" emergency. I keep all the ingredients on hand, which are so few you can actually memorize the recipe to give out on request. It's also pretty rich, so smaller slices are acceptable to make it go further.
Top Review by Prairie Moon Girl
This Cake just did not look or taste good. It was gooey, sticky and the taste of angel food cake and the caramel sauce made my mouth pasty. The pecans made things even worse. Sorry, definitely not something I would make again. Prairie Moon
- 15 ounces angel food cake (either pre-made from store or make from cake mix)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 ounces butterscotch caramel sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop pecans coarsely.
- Slice cake in half horizontally, set aside top half.
- Pour caramel topping over bottom half.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped nuts over sauce.
- Cover with top half of cake.
- Frost whole cake with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkle liberally with remaining nuts.
- I personally recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, if possible.
- note: prep time is for pre-baked cake.