Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
From the Arkansas Prairie
Make and share this Squirrel Mulligan recipe from Food.com.
- 4 squirrels, cooked and boned,reserving broth
- 2 frying chicken, cooked and boned,reserving broth
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 hot peppers
- 7 -8 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 5 1⁄2 cups squirrel broth or 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to squirrel and chicken meat and cook in a heavy pot slowly, stirring occasionly, for three to four hours or until thick.
- If Mulligan doesn't get thick, you may add broken, uncooked spaghetti and cook until thick.
- Good served over Chinese noodles with one cup of shredded cheese on top.