Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
I couldn't find this recipe on Zaar so I wanted to share. This salad is full of such a delicious combination of ingredients that it can be used as a main dish, side dish or dessert. The fruit compliments the meat and veggies so well. This is the best pasta salad I've ever tried. When I take it to potlucks it's always a favorite and gone in a flash. Try it! :)
- 1 (24 ounce) bag rotini pasta (cooked aldente)
- 4 chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
- 4 celery ribs (chopped)
- 4 green onions (with stems chopped)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- 3 cups seedless grapes (any color)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's is best)
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar (not light)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook the pasta aldente. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Yuck! Drain and set aside to cool; DO NOT RINSE. This will ensure the sauce sticks to the pasta.
- Cook chicken breasts just until done so they're not dry. Debone if using bone-in; dice up meat. Set aside.
- Chop the celery and onions and add the grapes to these; set aside.
- Drain the mandarine oranges; set aside.
- Make dressing or you can make the dressing the day before and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium mixing bowl blend together the sour cream, mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, sugar and garlic salt.
- When the pasta and chicken are cooled, place them in a large mixing or serving bowl and stir together; carefully stir in the celery, onion, grape mixture; now even more carefully stir in the mandarine oranges trying not to break them up too much. When mixed thoroughly add the dressing and mix through. Serve immediatley.
- If you are taking this to a potluck, you may want to wait and add the dressing once you're there so it doesn't break down overly much before serving. Either way this is a terrific salad.
Took this to a Chicken "Iron Chef" party and I WON !! Everyone LOVED it! Thanks Piper Lee!