Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Put the olive oil and onion into a flameproof casserole.
- Saute over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 Minutes until it begins to soften and turn golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and half of the chopped parsley.
- Cook at a gentle simmer for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes begin to thicken.
- Slice the cleaned squid into 1.
- 5 cm rings.
- Divide the tentacle clusters in half.
- Add to the casserole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well, cover and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until the squid is tender.
- Stir in the peas, season again and cook for a few more minutes until they are done.
- Stir in the remaining chopped parsley and serve with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the sauce.