Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are 2 ways to cook squid long and slow or quickly, either way it will turn out tender. This recipe needs fresh squid as it is cooked quickly. Serve this with rice or Italian bread. To get 800g of cleaned squid you will need about 1.2kg of squid as you lose some weight in gutting and cleaning the squid.
- 800 g squid, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350 ml white wine
- 400 g peas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml water
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil for abou 2-5 mins, don't allow to brown too much or it will be bitter. Add the salt, pepper and wine.
- When the wine has evaporated, pour in the tomato paste and water along. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the squid and peas and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Don't over cook or the squid will be tough.
- Garnish with the finely chopped fresh parsley just before serving.