1/1 Photo of Squid Stuffed With Spinach and Herbs
1 hr 15 mins
Greek squid recipe with rich rice and herbs filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs squid
- 250 g spinach
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion (small)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped herbs (mix of spearmint, parsley and basil)
- 1/2 cup rice
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare squid: remove intestine, eyes and the jelly bone from squid. Rinse well and cut of the tentacles.
- 2Clean rinse and chop spinach.
- 3Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and tentacles for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4Add spinach and hers and sauté for other 10 minutes.
- 5Turn off heat and stir in rice, salt and pepper.
- 6Stuff the squid taking care not to overfill them and place in a baking tin.
- 7Heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- 8Add remaining ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 9Pour the sauce over the squid and bake at 180°C/350F for about three quarters of an hour. Check the liquid from time to time and add more liquid (wine of water) if necessary.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squid Stuffed With Spinach and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 529.3 mg
- Sodium 159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: