Greek squid recipe with rich rice and herbs filling.
Make and share this Squid Stuffed With Spinach and Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs squid
- 250 g spinach
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion (small)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped herbs (mix of spearmint, parsley and basil)
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 grated tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup wine (white or rose)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Prepare squid: remove intestine, eyes and the jelly bone from squid. Rinse well and cut of the tentacles.
- Clean rinse and chop spinach.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and tentacles for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and hers and sauté for other 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in rice, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the squid taking care not to overfill them and place in a baking tin.
- Heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the squid and bake at 180°C/350F for about three quarters of an hour. Check the liquid from time to time and add more liquid (wine of water) if necessary.