1/1 Photo of squid salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs squid, cleaned
- 3 ounces shallots or 3 ounces onions
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or 3 tablespoons salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 -8 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1Cut the tubwise body of the squid crosswise into ¼" rings.
- 2Wash these rings and the tentacles and put in a pan with 4 tbsps water.
- 3Boil, cover and simmer for about 3 mins or until the squid turns opaque.
- 4Drain and put into a bowl.
- 5Peel and finely slice the shallots.
- 6Add to squid with lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli powder and corriander leaves.
- 7Toss well and check the seasoning.
- 8Just before serving arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving plate.
- 9Peel the cucumber and slice into thin rounds.
- 10Cut the tomatoes in half vertically.
- 11Put the squid salad on top of the lettuce and surround with cucumber slices and tomato halves.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for squid salad
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 352.9 mg
- Sodium 782.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 25.0 g