- Cut the tubwise body of the squid crosswise into ¼" rings.
- Wash these rings and the tentacles and put in a pan with 4 tbsps water.
- Boil, cover and simmer for about 3 mins or until the squid turns opaque.
- Drain and put into a bowl.
- Peel and finely slice the shallots.
- Add to squid with lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli powder and corriander leaves.
- Toss well and check the seasoning.
- Just before serving arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving plate.
- Peel the cucumber and slice into thin rounds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half vertically.
- Put the squid salad on top of the lettuce and surround with cucumber slices and tomato halves.