Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great appetizer platter
- 1⁄2 lb squid, tubes cleaned
- 1 (5 ounce) canwhole clams
- 1 lemon peel, cut in very small strips
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- shredded lettuce
- A few hours before serving, cut squid lengthwise into ½ inch strips, and then cut strips in half.
- Simmer in boiling salted water for 1 hour or pressure cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Drain clams and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon peel and juice, oil, parsley, pimiento, salt and pepper.
- Add squid and clams.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Drain and arrange on shredded lettuce.