Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
“Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry” This is the easiest recipe you have ever made. Just throw it together and put it in the oven. No watching, basting, or mess. The Reynolds Wrap Foil prevents all the mess. This meat is even better when frozen, and taken out for a week day meal. The fresh corn tortillas and Rodriguez Dipping Sauce are so good and just as easy.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 8 ounces green chilies (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups masa harina flour (corn flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 3 limes (wedged)
Rodriguez Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon natures seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons maggi seasoning sauce
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Fry bacon in pan till crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Sautee garlic, jalopenos, red pepper, and onion in bacon grease till tender.
- Place roast on Renolds Wrap Foil inside a roasting pan. Leave enough foil on top to wrap completely.
- Cut criss-cross slits into top of the pork so seasoning can slip into the meat easily.
- In a bowl combine green chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin, sauteed mixture, lime juice, and lemon juice. Mix well and spread on top of the roast.
- Drizzle top with 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Seal Renolds Wrap Foil securely and place roasting pan in the oven.
- Cook for 4 hours (meat should be so tender it falls apart).
- Use 2 forks and shred roast while still warm.
- Put meat in a casserole dish and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack Cheese. Put back in oven to brown for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with homemade corn tortillas, cheese meat mixture, crumbled bacon, and a slice of avacodo.
- Top with a fresh squeeze of lime and dip in Rodriguez Dipping Sauce.
- Mix flour, xanthan gum, and salt, then add warm water.
- Knead until a soft dough forms, adding more water or flour as needed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let sit 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into about 12 balls, about 1/2-inch in diameter each.
- Use tortilla press to make tortillas.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with Pam.
- Cook tortilla about 30 seconds, turn to other side when slightly brown.
- Rodriguez Dipping Sauce:.
- Put everything into a bowl and microwave till melted.
- Stir well and serve in a ramekin for dipping.