4 hrs 30 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry” This is the easiest recipe you have ever made. Just throw it together and put it in the oven. No watching, basting, or mess. The Reynolds Wrap Foil prevents all the mess. This meat is even better when frozen, and taken out for a week day meal. The fresh corn tortillas and Rodriguez Dipping Sauce are so good and just as easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 8 ounces green chilies (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups masa harina flour (corn flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
Rodriguez Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon natures seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons maggi seasoning sauce
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3Fry bacon in pan till crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- 4Sautee garlic, jalopenos, red pepper, and onion in bacon grease till tender.
- 5Place roast on Renolds Wrap Foil inside a roasting pan. Leave enough foil on top to wrap completely.
- 6Cut criss-cross slits into top of the pork so seasoning can slip into the meat easily.
- 7In a bowl combine green chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin, sauteed mixture, lime juice, and lemon juice. Mix well and spread on top of the roast.
- 8Drizzle top with 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- 9Seal Renolds Wrap Foil securely and place roasting pan in the oven.
- 10Cook for 4 hours (meat should be so tender it falls apart).
- 11Use 2 forks and shred roast while still warm.
- 12Put meat in a casserole dish and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack Cheese. Put back in oven to brown for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 13Serve with homemade corn tortillas, cheese meat mixture, crumbled bacon, and a slice of avacodo.
- 14Top with a fresh squeeze of lime and dip in Rodriguez Dipping Sauce.
- 16Mix flour, xanthan gum, and salt, then add warm water.
- 17Knead until a soft dough forms, adding more water or flour as needed.
- 18Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let sit 30 minutes.
- 19Divide dough into about 12 balls, about 1/2-inch in diameter each.
- 20Use tortilla press to make tortillas.
- 21Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with Pam.
- 22Cook tortilla about 30 seconds, turn to other side when slightly brown.
- 23Rodriguez Dipping Sauce:.
- 24Put everything into a bowl and microwave till melted.
- 25Stir well and serve in a ramekin for dipping.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squealer Carnitas With Rodriguez Dipping Sauce #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 2616.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
maggi seasoning sauce