Recipe by Narshmellow
This is a recipe created by my friend Bev's mother. Bev is one of the wildest Aussies I ever had the chance to meet. Unfortunately she moved back to her homeland early in 2002. I really enjoy this recipe though, you can eat it as a meal alone with a little bread and butter.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced or 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium pot and add the onion, rice and meat to light brown with the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add all the other ingredients including the liquid from the corn and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir ingredients at about 10 minutes and cover for remaining time.
- You could add a little steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce at the table.