Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from my partners mom, who was a "down to earth" cook. Nothing fancy, but looks great on the table and doubles well.
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 green pepper, chopped
- 20 ounces frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Brown the bacon in a large skillet.
- Drain most of the grease.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the bacon and cook until tender.
- Add the brown sugar and the corn.
- Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes until corn is lightly browned.
Even though the name may be offensive to some, this is really very delicious. I served it to company last night and even the fussy people enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. I'll make this one again for sure.
um, meaning no offense, but a cherokee friend of mine once told me squaw was a bad word that meant something...well, to put it lightly, it's a name for the female part, indicating the attitude of the settlers toward the natives at the time, it seems.