Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very flavorful fat-free recipe that goes well with Mexican foods.
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Slice the squash and zucchini.
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the broth until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium high.
- Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
- Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, garlic, and add salt to taste. Mix well.