Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Slow-roasted for maximum flavour this vegetarian main will thrill family and friends. Makes a great Xmas centerpeice
- 2 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g basmati rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 25 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 100 g firm goat's cheese, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 190°C
- Cut squash in half lengthways, then scoop out seeds and membranes. Brush insides with a little oil and place in a roasting tin filled to 1cm with water. Roast for 20-30 mins until almost tender when tested with a sharp knife. Scoop out some of the flesh and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a pan, then cook onion and garlic for 5 mins until the onion is tender. Stir in the rice and fry for 1 minute Add the vegetable stock and cook for a further 10-12 mins until the rice is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed.
- Stir in chopped squash flesh, sun-dried tomatoes, goat's cheese, half the sage leaves and seasoning.
- Stuff the squash with the filling, top with remaining sage leaves and cover with foil.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 mins until the cheese is melted and all is heated through. Stand for 5 mins before serving with a green salad.