Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Hamburg Journal.
Make and share this Squash With Onions and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Thinly slice the squash. (For a fancier presentation, use a vegetable peeler to shave the squash into ribbons).
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add squash, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Toss gently then sprinkle with cheese.
A quick, delicious side dish. The red pepper flakes add a nice bit of heat. I used yellow squash, but this would be really colorful using the yellow and green together. Thanx for a new way to use yellow squash!
This was ok. It needs more oomph - more pepper? I thought it was tasty; the kids weren't thrilled. Thanks for posting!