- 4 medium squash (yellow and or or zucchini)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated or shaved)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the squash. (For a fancier presentation, use a vegetable peeler to shave the squash into ribbons).
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add squash, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Toss gently then sprinkle with cheese.