Recipe by shelbyrose
This easy recipe comes from my New Hampshire SIL. She serves it as a main dish along with a nice green salad and toasted cheese bread. The serving size is for 6; however, it can easily be proportioned down to serve 2 or 4.
- 3 acorn squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 brown and serve sausages or 12 sausage patties
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place cut-side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; turn squash over.
- Salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon syrup and two sausage links/patties in each half.
- Return to oven for 10-12 minutes or until sausage is browned.