Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We make this in the summer with veggies from the garden. I use 1 or 2 sliced homegrown tomatoes as a substitute for the canned. I also use a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- 5 -6 summer squash
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste
- pepperidge farm breadcrumbs, to cover
- Put butter in 2 quart casserole.
- Layer half of the vegetables in casserole.
- Top with 1/2 cheese and breadcrumbs. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered(if using foil, spray foil with Pam) at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.
Easy and tasty veggie dish! I don't care for onions so I subbed celery, and I added some salt and pepper to each layer. The cheese and breadcrumbs added a nice flavor and texture and the topping was nice and crunchy. Thanks for sharing your recipe!