Recipe by SusieQusie
Another interesting recipe I picked up at Whole Foods Market. A unique, end-of-season salsa made from fresh grape tomatoes, squash and basil in a light vinaigrette.
- 20 red and yellow grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini (approx 3/4 cup diced)
- 1⁄2 medium yellow squash (approx 3/4 cup diced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, julienne (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- *all zucchini can be used in place of yellow squash.
- Quarter the tomatoes lengthwise.
- Dice the zucchini and yellow squash into ¼-inch small pieces.
- Combine the tomatoes and squash. Add the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well. Fold in the fresh basil.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to develop.