Recipe by Happy Hippie
A great recipe to help use up that bounty of squash. Very good. For those of us who enjoy a hint or more of heat to our food, this recipe would be perfect for experimenting with your favorites herbs and spices.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 1⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly browned; drain.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes with liquid, diced tomatoes with liquid, corn with liquid, yellow squash, zucchini, and potatoes into the skillet with the beef.
- Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, adding water as needed to cover the ingredients.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain to serve.