Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I use my food processor it is quick with little clean up..No one will know they are eating squash..I use fresh garden squash cooks quick in microwave..End of season squash is cooked,mashed and frozen for bars through out the year..A good way to get your veggies down...One of our favorites...
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 -12 ounce frozen squash, defrosted or 1 1⁄2 cups mashed cooked squash
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -3 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In large mixer bowl beat together eggs,oil,sugar,molasses and squash.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to squash mixture,beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased and floured jellyroll pan 15x10 or 2-9inch square pans.
- Bake 350 degrees 35minutes or until toothpick clean.Cool,frost and cut into 36 bars.
- Beat icing ingredients,cream cheese,butter,orange juice,orange peel,milk and powder sugar together until fluffy and smooth.